Weed of Wonder + Free tote bag
- Order before the 12th of December 23:59 and receive a free tote bag with your order (1 bag per book)
- 288 pages
- 25 x 25 cm (9.8 x 9.8 inches)
- 1500 grams (3.3 lb)
- Lavishly illustrated with over 300 images in full colour
- Choose your own cover: Purple or Green
- Language: English
- By Jules Marshall, Floris Leeuwenberg, Ben Dronkers and Gerbrand Korevaar
- With introductions by Ben Dronkers (museum director) and Dries van Agt (former prime minister of the Netherlands)
- Guest editor: Robert C. Clarke
"The Cannabis plant has long been one of humanity’s strongest allies, providing us with strong fibres, nutritious seeds and mind-expanding drugs. As we now experience a watershed moment following a century of prohibition-induced darkness, governmental misguidance, and the intentional spreading of misinformation, Weed of Wonder is a long-overdue and timely contribution to our enlightenment.
This beautiful book showcases unique items from the extensive collections of the Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum in Amsterdam and Barcelona, using them to illustrate the story of the Cannabis plant and the many useful products derived from it.
Weed of Wonder highlights the lengthy and multi-faceted symbiosis between the Cannabis plant and human cultures, following the convoluted history of the plant through constantly changing times, and projecting its value into our collective future. This thoroughly researched and well-written tome presents a myriad of fascinating facts that will prove useful to all who enjoy it and wish to further the cannabis cause.
Through the unceasing efforts of museum founder Ben Dronkers to normalize the Cannabis plant, supported by his family, friends and the boundless energy of the museum staff, their persistent efforts have finally blossomed and borne fruit. Truth wins and ‘Mother Cannabis’ will certainly approve!"
– Robert C. Clarke